Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wonderful New Givaway and a Finish

I just found this wonderful new givaway this morning by Emma at My Creative Corner. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

My Creative Corner 50 follower Givaway

After losing my job last week it took me a couple of days to adjust to the change in cercumstances. This caused a temporary lasp in stitching mojo. So to the blogs I went for some inspiration. And what do I find? This cute little free chart from Stitching the Night Away . This was the perfect item to get me started stitching again. When reading everyone's blogs I kept reading about a flat fold finish. I was "What is that? What does it look like? and most importantly...how can I do it?" So I "Googled" it. Most of you don't know me, but I have always used Yahoo and didn't understand why so many people used Google. Now I know. I still like having an email with Yahoo and a lot of the times I will find an interesting article to read but when it comes to looking for something you really want Google. Ok, ok time to get back on track (lol). I found this wonderful site that lists all kinds of finishing instructions Meari's Musings . This one is for a flat fold finish but she has a lot of other tutorials as well. Her instructions were easy to read with LOTS of pictures. Perfect for someone just learning the different finishes.



So without further ado, my first flat fold.




I know, I know. The picture in front is not centered. The corners are a little bulky. But I am pretty proud of myself never the less.

I am back to working on the cat wall hanging for my daughter. I will be working on it and the Christmas gifts for my parents. I will concentrate on those two for now until I get my stitching mojo back completely.

I learned tonight that my father will be transfering back from England next month and he asked me what I wanted him to bring back. Of course I couldn't help asking him for some specialty stash. He is such a wonderful Dad.

I will leave you with this:
TaTa for now,
Angela

No comments: