Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Not much stitching but a lot of reading

Today I think I only put in about 50 stitches. But yesterday I went to Wal-Mart (I know that many have problems with this corporate giant. Unfortunately I see both sides of the problem and am able to continue to shop there even though their employees are not treated as well as they should be) and picked up a few things. I happened upon this little stand of Rick Riordan books Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I have seen them before but since they were "teen" books I didn't pick any up. Well I have to say that they are a nice relaxing, easy read. I was able to get lost in the story for hours today. Some books are heavy. I don't mean this in a bad way. Sometimes they have things that make you think, sometimes they work on the hormones. But sometimes...you just want to wander in another world that isn't scary or reminds you that there are things as an adult you have to deal with on a daily basis. This series is the easy kinda world to get lost in. It has been a while since I was able to get lost in a book. I am going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Ta Ta for now,
Angela

1 comment:

Nicola said...

Nothing can beat a good book that you can loose yourself in.