Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Busy little Bee

Hello All,


I realized this morning how long it has been since I made a new post. I am sorry for that. Last post I decided I would try to work on this little snowman ornament I picked up. Well..it didn't work out. I was trying to work on a piece of fabric that was 2.5 inches by about 2 inches that was extremely stiff and trying to place all those 1/2 and 1/4 stitches were miserable. So I kept the pattern and threw the partially stitched snowman out the window.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving (for those who celebrate) and for those who don't I hope you had a wonderful weekend. The kids were out of school all week last week so I had to find ways to combat the dreaded words from my girl "I am bored". What do I look like...an amusement park? I gave her a few options (hehe) I told her she could clean and sort thru her room, help me clean the house, or she could go out to play with her friends. I think we all know what she decided to do. Thankfully I didn't hear the dreaded words too much after the first time.

I have been stitching my little heart out though. First I made a few squares for WOCS.
 
I realize that it may be too late for the current quilt, but I know that they will be able to use them sometime. Next up is the finish of a gift for my parents. I ended up not liking the whole thing and decided it looked great (after consulting my DD) as is. Of course I forgot to take a picture unframed but here it is all framed and ready to be wrapped for Christmas.
 
Now all the gifts are complete and ready to mail. The picture above (4x6), two kitchen towels
and two trivets

 for the new place they will be moving in now that my Dad is back in the States.
 
Next I tried working on a book mark but just couldn't get into it. I made the border but haven't gotten very far. I will post a picture when I get a little more progress.  I hemmed and hawed about starting a new project or picking up one my WIP's. I finally decided to work on the Oriental Butterfly by Dimensions. Here is where I left off last...
and here is where I left off today.
The butterfly is almost complete. There is just a little black to put on the right wing. The next step will be to work the background. I have been using my video stash to get the work done. Now that my girl is back at school, maybe I can get back to a normal schedule. That includes looking in on all my cyber friends and seeing what everyone has been up to.

Ta Ta,
Angela


 
 


No comments: