Tuesday, February 25, 2014

February's SFS2014 Update

Hello everyone,

Another month has passed us by and it is time to see how we did with our spending.

We were able to have a special buying weekend:

So the parameters of this exemption weekend has been set by my wonderful man. He has decided to be super nice to all of us, and has decided to give us a lot of money to spend (if you so choose!):
- Anything you want, it doesn't have market items or even new stuff. Essentially anything from anywhere, no exceptions (see how nice he is, lol!)
- Budget is $100 (US) not including shipping.

Mel's wonderful Husband has been very generous to us this month.

I was able to repurchase the HAED chart Boo that I wanted so desperately last month. I couldn't help myself, I continued to browse the shelves and found another beautiful pattern that I just couldn't pass up...
 
With our spending limit I was able to purchase the above pattern, the fabric for both Boo and Purple Dragon and all but a couple of threads to stitch P. Dragon.
  
Now, before I go into too much detail...let me get to the good stuff.
 

Amount Spend: Nashville Market: $96.34 Monthly Budget: $0.00
  • HAED $20.15
  • Fabric $42.17
  • Floss $ 33.92
New Starts from Stash:
  • Remember Me...
  •  Flaming Heart
  • April's Daisy
 WIPs or UFOs worked on:
  • Spooky Welcome
  • Cat Collage
Over all I think I did pretty good. I stayed within my limits on the exemption weekend and didn't need to spend into my monthly budget. (Which I will probably need to be able to pick up the fabric for the rest of the months of My Garden Journal).
 
Over this last weekend I was able to complete the two mini charts and one more cat on my cat collage.


Free chart from Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe stitched in her hand dyed Blue with Brown floss (wonderful floss to work with by the way).
 
This little Flaming Heart was a freebie from my LNS that my daughter decided she didn't want to do. I might do this a couple more times in different colors.


After 4 tries to get the cat above this one stitched I put the cat collage away for the night and started one of the smalls above. I came back to this piece because I was determined to get at least one of the silly little kitties stitched before the weekend was up. This one was really pretty quick to stitch and I love the colors.

Over all a very successful month. 4 completed projects and a mini finish on my cat collage.

Let's see if I can do just as well next month. I know that for at least one week I might not get a chance for much stitching since we (DD and I) will be going to visit my father. We can't wait.

Ta Ta for now,
Angela CG in TX

No comments: