Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Year, New Blog Hop

It has been too long since I last posted. I have not wanted to get on the computer. I have not even kept up with every one's news. I am sorry for that. I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year. This will be a picture heavy post so pour yourself a  cup of your favorite beverage and enjoy. We are going to start with the first Blog Hop of the year hosted by Stitching the Night Away.

 
What was your biggest stitching accomplishment in 2012?
What was your favorite stash acquisition in 2012 and will you be using it in 2013?

 
 
I think my biggest stitching accomplishment this year was to start back into stitching. I did not realize how much I missed placing color to fabric and have a wonderful picture appear before my eyes.
 
I think my favorite stash acquisition has to be the Scarlet Letter kits


I went looking at these because one of the other bloggers (for the life of me I can't remember who) is doing a Scarlet Letter year I just couldn't pass these up.
 
 
Visit all the blogs in this round of the Stitching the Night Away Stitching Blogger Blog Hop:
Find the instructions on how to participate in this round by clicking here.
 
Now on to catching up...
 
The last couple of weeks have been eventful. When pulling out our Christmas decorations this year we found that we had lost (or given away...can't remember) a couple of stockings. I had to go out and pick up another one but none were to my daughter's taste. We found one that was close and I personalized it for her.
 She absolutely loved it.
We were invited to a couple different friends houses this year to celebrate Christmas. We did not plan on going anywhere this year but couldn't pass up the opportunity to spend time with friends before we move. Just imagine...Christmas morning I woke up the little one (yes...believe it or not I had to wake her up) after fixing my morning coffee. I am sending out text messages to friends and family and I receive a text back saying that one of my friends would be leaving for a family members house at a certain time. Of course I was confused since I did not want to intrude this year and was told that we were expected to be there. ;) So here we go trying to hurry up and get ready to leave. We quickly got ready and met up with our good friends and had a wonderful meal and gift opening session. I made their gifts this year. I had a great time doing it.
 
I painted the inside and outside this one blue to match the colors in the fabric.

The wonderful woman I made this for loves Pooh Bear.

This one I painted a dark blue.

I just love the star pattern. I added a few buttons to add a little something.

I placed a coordinated fabric inside and added a little bit of chocolate and a gift card.


 The little cardinal added the perfect touch.
 
 

We had to leave there because the neighbors invited us over for the evening meal. So we rush back, pick up the pumpkin pie and went next door. The funny thing is we were still full from lunch at our friends. Of course they served a very Southern meal (including greens and macaroni and cheese) which I could not pass up. What a wonderful time we had. Earlier in the week we discussed going over to one of my daughter's friend's house. Of course as we were leaving the neighbor's house stuffed and tired she reminded me. Since I had not heard from them I text'd and made sure that we would not be intruding. They said we would not be intruding and we walked over. After all the food during the day I needed the walk. We talked and laughed for a couple more hours and finally headed home. I have to say my family has been blessed with wonderful friends and neighbors. When you least expect it, they are there for you.
 
We took the next day to recover and started cleaning up and moving things around. My father and his wife were coming to visit for my daughter's birthday. Since his wife will be joining him at his new posting (not military) soon they brought some of her stuff to be moved with his. What did this mean for me? Well out of a 20' room I only am able to use about 8' of it because the rest is packed to the ceiling (you read right, to the ceiling) with her things. Moth balls are great at keeping creepy crawly things away but they smell awful. We had a wonderful time with them though and as my daughter said more than once while they were here, we were spoiled by them. It was wonderful to see my Dad again. It has been over three years since I last saw him.
 
 
 Even though I have not been on the computer I have not put down my stitching. I received this cute little pre-printed kit. It stitched up quick.
I plan on finishing it as a flat fold. Currently it is sitting in my finishing box. :)

I found this cute flowered brown fabric to match.

This orange fabric is going to look great.

 This red is great.
I have been working on some pieces for WOCS. They also have started a new project of snowflakes.
 This one is a gray variation. This piece of gray fabric just fits.

 I saw this purple fabric that will work well with the thread I have picked out. I will complete this one next.
 Finally, I will try and make a third using these blues and pair it with this fabric.

I did not realize how many stitches are included in this pattern. I hope I can complete them in time.
I just love making these pieces. I get such a sense of accomplishment when I complete one of these pieces. I get the chance to work with other stitchers to make amazing gifts.

Ta Ta for now,
Angela
 


1 comment:

Nicola said...

Angela, I do hope you have registered to join in Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year.