Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Hello World

I did not realize it has been a whole 11 days since I last posted. I may have been absent from the online world but I have not stopped crafting. I finished the base stitching on the top of the Oriental Butterfly.


The next step is to complete the bottom portion before I start the back stitching. This looks wonderful as is but will pop even more with the back stitching.

I lost my stitching mojo for a little bit but could not keep my hands still so I continued working on a couple of crochet blankets. I ran out of the green/white yarn so I will have to pick some more up later.

The more I look at the green blanket the more I do not like that white strip. I may end up taking it out. We will see. I finally felt like stitching again but not something complicated. So I started working on this cute little free pattern from Stitching the Night Away. I used the blue/brown floss I won a couple of months ago from the Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe. I just love this color combination.
I plan on finishing this on a little keepsake box (my first attempt). My daughter has already claimed it. WOCS received a snowflake pattern from Brooke's Books Publishing designed just for them. We are putting a quilt together using this pattern. We are using white fabric and everyone is using white for the snowflake. I have never been so thankful for my Otte Light as I am now while working on this project. I have to admit...I am having a wonderful time stitching this one.

I finally finished all my Christmas shopping and set up our simple tree. The Ex said he was going to purchase a much desired item for our baby but then backed out at the last minute (and wanted to get her clothes instead). So I had to do a quick run to find this item. Now all presents have been wrapped and put around the tree.
I took the picture before we put the presents near the tree. A friend of mine had some extra snowman ribbon and made me this wonderful bow. The perfect tree topper!!!

Now I am off to catch up on some of my friends in the online world.

Ta Ta,
Angela

No comments: