Sunday, May 17, 2015

Mid Month Update

Hello all!!

I have a couple of finishes to share with you and an overall progress update.

I have been going through my stash looking at what I have kitted up, started or completed trying to decide if I am ever going to actually stitch these items. Those that I decided I would never do or finish I posted on a FB stash sale site to make room for new projects (or to complete the kitting up of ones that I do plan on completing). I was able to re-home quite a bit. The side benefit of this is I now have money that I can spend on new stash guilt free.

For the month of May, Stoney Creek started a new Halloween Series as their free pattern of the month. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it and had to pick it up as soon as it was available. Since I had the funds available from my previous sales I went ahead and picked up the glow in the dark DMC and the one Week's Dye Works that I did not have and the button pack. Since I just finished a quick little stitch and I have everything needed to complete this, I think that I will start on this one today once I can tear myself away from the computer.

I completed two charity stitches earlier this month. They are the same pattern but using different colors. WOCS needed an urgent silhouette pattern I started a dove pattern but the pattern would have come out too large for the requested piece. I tried on a 20 ct aida 1 over 1 but I did not like how the stitches looked. I had found this online and liked the way it looked and saved it because I wanted to stitch it at some point.  I really like how this one came out.

Next up is the piece for Q4OC. The second challenge piece was to be a flower design. I knew that I enjoyed the pattern and as I was stitching the silhouette, I was imagining it in color. This is the result.
I am participating in an Ink Circles SAL on one of my Face Book groups. I started out strong but have been distracted with the charity stitching and one of my other loves...reading. This is my current progress. Not much, but any progress is good progress.



The other thing that I have been working on is these little monthly cupcakes. Aren't they just the cutest. And they stitch up so quick. I started March sometime last week and finished on Friday between my appointments. Then yesterday I was able to start and finish April's yellow cupcake and make a start on May. This morning was spent finishing up May and sorting the treads purchased to finish kitting up July to Dec's cupcakes, and two other projects.



Not very interesting today I know. I think it is time for me to let you all go. Have a great rest of your weekend.

Ta Ta for Now,
Angela CG

Don't interfere in the affairs of Dragons
...for you are Crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Love the Halloween project! Looks fantastic :)

Sally said...

Wow you have been very busy! Lots of lovely stitching.