Friday, February 13, 2015

An Update

Hi everyone.

I hope you all have had a great couple of weeks. I haven't been able to spend much time (really any time) catching up on everyone's blogs lately. Things have been a little hectic at work.

I was able to finish stitching Mikey Jr.'s name piece. Now I just need to cut the fabric and start piecing the quilt together. I really like the way the colors look.


My plan is to use the fabrics below in his quilt.  I really like how these colors look together. I hope that they look as good once they are sewn together. I think I need to pick up at least one or two more pieces of fabric this weekend. I love these colors but the pattern I want to do needs at least one or two more.


I was also able to finally finish White Willow's Tribal Sand Dollar. I did change the colors up just a little, but it does look pretty good. I was having a hard time trying to finish this one. I think it is because I had just finished the Tribal Pumpkin and I was using too much of the same color. I am so glad that it is finished.


I finally received part 3 of Lizzie Kate's Things Unseen Mystery Sampler and am enjoying working on it again. I forgot to take a picture of it when I moved the hoop last night. Am about 1/2 way done with the stitching in part 3 and will just need to add the embellishments. That will be a first for me. Hope it will go as smooth as the rest of the piece. :)

I haven't really been in the mood to stitch much this week because I have gotten caught up in a book series. Hopefully I will have another finish this weekend.

Ta Ta for now,
Angela

1 comment:

Barbi said...

I love fabric shopping! My problem would be when to stop, and how many different colours to use on a quilt. I Know that I would go overboard! A friend of mine quilts and I leave it to her. Her sense of colours are amazing.